The Plum Guide allows you to import calendars from other websites that support the 'iCal' format, as well as export its own iCal link.
iCal is a file format that allows users to create and share electronic calendars. iCal enables you to have a single-calendar view for all your bookings and more.
Before you start to sync your calendars, ensure that you are logged into both your HouseTrip account and The Plum Guide account. Have each website open on separate tabs in your web browser.
If you wish to import your HouseTrip calendar to The Plum Guide you should follow these steps;
- Click ‘Calendar’ on your HouseTrip profile
- On the next page that loads click 'Manage calendars'
Towards the bottom of the pop-up, you should see an option called ‘Here is your HouseTrip iCal export link for [property name]’
Click on ‘Copy’ to copy the URL
- You can now paste your HouseTrip calendar link into the 'URL' section (note you can also import your calendar link on 'Your listings' when you are logged into your host account).
If you wish to export your Plum Guide calendar to HouseTrip you should follow these steps;
If you are exporting your calendar link for the first time, you can select 'Export your Plum calendar' to get your Plum Guide iCal link, in the 'Sync your Calendar' section. Copy the link, then go to step 5 to find out how you can upload it to HouseTrip. If your listing has already been published follow all of the steps below.
- Hover over 'Host' on the top right menu bar, when you are logged into your Plum Guide account
- Select 'Your listing'
- Click 'Export Calendar' at the bottom of the page
- Copy the link that appears
- Go to the 'Manage calendars' on your HouseTrip profile (follow the instructions above to show you how to get here)
Paste your Plum Guide link
- Give this calendar an easily recognisable name so you do not confuse it with any other calendar
- Select 'Add'.
PLEASE NOTE - You will need an individual iCal link for each external calendar you have on other platforms. For example, if you have the property you list on The Plum Guide, also on Airbnb, HomeAway and HouseTrip you will have to repeat the process three times to ensure your calendar's are fully synced. If you have any problems uploading your calendar, please email email@example.com.